Fruit Names, Classification of Fruits and Fruits List
Table of Contents
Fruits are formed by the formation of flowers on plants and completing themselves. The fruits that are formed are the formations that carry the seed of the plant they own, and they are called the angiosperms. There are edible fruits that contribute to the nutrition of living creatures, and fruits are a branch that opens the door to human agricultural activities. Examples of these fruits include apples, oranges, pomegranates, lemons, grapes, and much more. Formations called fruit in daily life are those that have agricultural activities and are edible. These fruits are consumed raw and their taste is generally sweet or sour. Apart from everyday life, fruit as a botanical use includes any plant that grows on a branch and bears seeds, such as tomato, corn, wheat.
Here are Fruit Names List from A to Z
There are 3 different main groups in which fruits are classified in terms of formation type:
- The Apocarp Fruits: Fruits that consist of one or more carpel and a single flower. These fruits are also called simple fruits.
- Sinkarp Fruits: Although the number of carpels in these fruits is at least two, they also consist of more carpels.
- Multiple Fruits: These are fruits formed by the combination of more than one flower. Fruits such as figs and mulberries can be given as examples.
Classification of Fruits
There is a classification in which fruit types are made according to their characteristics. This classification is under 7 headings in total.
- Fruits with soft-core. Examples of these fruits are apple, quince, medlar.
- Fruits with a hard-core. These fruits are generally exemplified as peaches, cherries, plums, and apricots.
- Fruits with a hard peel. Examples of fruits in this title are peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and chestnuts.
- The so-called berry fruits. Here, the sampling starts with grapes and continues with examples such as blackberries, mulberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Fruits are known as citrus fruits. Generally, fruits belonging to the same family are named. Examples are orange, citrus, lemon, and tangerine.
- The fruits known as Mediterranean Fruits are fruits such as banana, date, fig, and loquat.
- Fruits known as delight fruits are formations such as coffee and cocoa and are considered botanically as fruit.
Why Is It Important To Eat Fruit?
Fruit consumption has important effects on health. Fruits are rich in their ingredients, they are a precaution against some diseases. Fruits contain vitamin C, potassium, and folate, which are beneficial for health, so it is important to consume fruit daily.
Fruit Names List
Queen Anne Cherry
Sugar Baby Watermelon
Velvet Pink Banana