20 examples of pronouns in a sentence
Table of Contents
Pronouns are one of the most commonly used sentence building blocks in English. You need to have a good understanding of pronouns if you want to speak English like a native. If your native language’s sentence structure is very different from English, you might struggle with pronouns at the beginning. But they are not difficult to learn, and you can learn them too. Let’s see the pronouns and their examples.
Subject Pronouns List
- She is the best basketball player in the team.
- If we see her, we will tell her what the teacher said.
- You get burned if you touch a fire.
Object Pronouns List
- Pease will you pass them that bottle?
- The soldiers killed him.
- I helped her too.
Possessive Pronouns List
- My skirt is pink, hers is blue.
- My car is yellow, his is pink.
- Our house smaller than theirs.
- This is yours and that is mine.
Reflexive Pronouns List
- I was talking to myself five minutes ago.
- She repaired all the cars herself.
- My son did his homework himself.
- No one
Possessive Adjectives List
- She was wearing my jacket yesterday.
- We went on vacation with his car last week.
- In the morning, Alex took her bag.
What is English Sentence?
Making sentences is the main aid of communication. Sentences indicate previous events or situations, continuous events and situations, instantaneous events and situations, and future events and situations. Sentences that are part of daily life contain subject and predicate. In addition, sentence elements such as an adjective, indirect compliment, and adverb can also be included. Different from this situation, sentences are named in 4 different ways in English. The names of this distinction are made as to the declarative sentence (statement), interrogative sentence (question), imperative sentence (command), exclamative sentence (exclamation).