What is Regular Verb? List and Example Sentences
Here you can find a list of regular verbs in English and some example sentences with them. As in every other language, English has its rules and irregularities as well. Verbs are one of the most important components in English. A verb in English can be used in the present tense, in the past tense, and in the past participle. But the thing is, the verb needs to change a little bit in those other tenses and participles. The rule for it is adding -ed at the end of the word (if there is already an e at the end of the word, you can just add -d). Here are the verb examples that fit this rule:
Allow – allowed – allowed
- I don’t allow my kids to do that.
- My sister allowed me to buy this.
- I was allowed to do this.
Bake- baked- baked
- Let’s bake something tonight.
- What is the thing that mom baked yesterday?
- Do you have any baked rice?
Disagree -disagreed -disagreed
- You have all the rights to disagree.
- My teacher disagreed with me.
- I do not want a disagreed subject brought to me.
Act – acted – acted
- Of course, he will act like the victim.
- I was not a fan of the way you acted yesterday.
Hunt – hunted – hunted
- Why humans hunt?
- They went out and hunted all day yesterday.
- What can you do with a hunted bird?
Call – called – called
- Can you call your mom for me?
- Who called you the other day?
- This is the story of a girl called Elizabeth.
Open – opened – opened
- Open the door – I am here.
- Who opened the door for me?
- I will use this opened can of food if you don’t mind.
Dance – danced – danced
- I don’t usually dance.
- he danced so much yesterday
- Trust me; I have danced enough to have all this experience.
Cook – cooked – cooked
- Do you love to cook?
- Who cooked all of this?
- I need a freshly cooked meal right now.
Play – played – played
- Kids just want to play.
- Who played with Jim the other day?
- I do not want to have your played toys.
Fix -fixed – fixed
You can fix what you did as soon as possible.
I fixed it earlier today.
What is the fixed price for this product?
Paint – painted -painted
- Go and paint some paper.
- I painted so many books yesterday.
- I do not want this painted t-shirt.
100 Regular Vers List