80 Simple Sentences Examples
Simple sentences can contain only one sentence, as well as sentences containing a subject and a verb. Simple sentences can be short. In this type of sentence, which usually consists of subject, verb, and object, the thought is expressed clearly. In addition, simple sentences can be formed by only the verb and the subject. Examples of sentences are:
- Emily ate her school lunch.
- Emily and Jack ate.
Both these sentences are examples of simple sentences. However, adding an object to the sentence enabled the idea to be expressed more clearly. Simple sentences can be far from simple in some situations. The situation that causes this is the use of modifiers, compound subjects, and compound predicates in simple sentences. When such uses are used correctly, there will be no misunderstanding when speaking or writing English.
Using Correct Modifiers in Simple Sentences
Modifiers are used to create clearer and more understandable meaning in simple sentences. It is usually added to the sentence as words and phrases. These create different changes in simple sentences. Examples of this situation are:
- Emily ate her school lunch.
- Adjective Modifier: Hungry Emily ate large school lunch.
- Adverb Changer: Hungry Emily quickly ate large school lunch.
1. You are very kind.
2. You mustn’t come earlier tomorrow.
3. He loves to play basketball.
4. You should not go take it from him.
5. Everyone loves her.
6. I don’t love dogs.
7. Samuel doesn’t play soccer.
8. I don’t want to marry her.
9. Your car is more expensive than ours.
10. I want to be a computer engineer.
11. He likes to paint by himself.
12. I can run faster than him.
13. I’m not sure about the universe.
14. I lost my watch yesterday.
15. It wasn’t me who knocked on your door.
16. Everything was ready for the party.
17. No one will come after me.
18. She likes to paint by herself.
19. We went fishing after school.
20. You are very lazy.
21. You don’t teach your cat tricks.
22. I would like to help you.
23. I will get myself a coffee.
24. I will not take it from you.
25. He does not goes to gym every day.
26. He is my best friend.
27. I learnt English by myself.
28. Alex isn’t telling the truth.
29. They killed him.
30. You are not an engineer.
31. My mom likes to paint by herself.
32. You will not come with me.
33. I really need someone.
34. This was a threat to us.
35. I told my father that I wanted to go to London.
36. I can’t come home early today.
37. Brasil is not a country in Europe.
38. She learned to read by herself.
39. These are for you.
40. I want to do something.
41. You should go take it from him.
42. They speak English in USA.
43. I love you.
44. She cook for you.
45. The dogs belong to them.
46. We borrowed her car.
47. I have not failed.
48. She is a mechanical engineer.
49. I will take it from you.
50. My father wouldn’t let us buy a new computer.
51. They are the smartest kids here.
52. We don’t have a house.
53. I have got a sister.
54. I lost my wallet last week.
55. Today we will come.
56. I will help you.
57. No one attended the parent meeting.
58. I dont’t take the trash out.
59. Some people won’t eat spicy foods.
60. I bought a new house.
61. This is mine dog.
62. Mary hasn’t cooked some cookies.
63. I play volleyball.
64. You are lazy students.
65. My father will not come with us today.
66. They live near here.
67. My father didn’t go to work in the morning.
68. It wasn’t me knocking on your door.
69. They sleep in the afternoon.
70. We don’t work very hard.
71. You are an engineer.
72. This was not a threat to us.
73. I came to see you yesterday.
74. You should take care of yourself.
75. It bites everyone.
76. I don’t play tennis every day.
77. I love dogs.
78. She is not my best friend.
79. I bought a new computer.
80. Someone knows where he is.