English 160 Simple Sentences Examples
Simple sentences can contain only one sentence, as well as sentences containing a subject and a verb. Simple sentences can be short. In this type of sentence, which usually consists of subject, verb, and object, the thought is expressed clearly. In addition, simple sentences can be formed by only the verb and the subject. Examples of sentences are:
- Emily ate her school lunch.
- Emily and Jack ate.
Both these sentences are examples of simple sentences. However, adding an object to the sentence enabled the idea to be expressed more clearly. Simple sentences can be far from simple in some situations. The situation that causes this is the use of modifiers, compound subjects, and compound predicates in simple sentences. When such uses are used correctly, there will be no misunderstanding when speaking or writing English.
Using Correct Modifiers in Simple Sentences
Modifiers are used to create clearer and more understandable meaning in simple sentences. It is usually added to the sentence as words and phrases. These create different changes in simple sentences. Examples of this situation are:
- Emily ate her school lunch.
- Adjective Modifier: Hungry Emily ate large school lunch.
- Adverb Changer: Hungry Emily quickly ate large school lunch.
1. You are very kind.
2. You mustn’t come earlier tomorrow.
3. He loves to play basketball.
4. You should not go take it from him.
5. Everyone loves her.
6. I don’t love dogs.
7. Samuel doesn’t play soccer.
8. I don’t want to marry her.
9. Your car is more expensive than ours.
10. I want to be a computer engineer.
11. He likes to paint by himself.
12. I can run faster than him.
13. I’m not sure about the universe.
14. I lost my watch yesterday.
15. It wasn’t me who knocked on your door.
16. Everything was ready for the party.
17. No one will come after me.
18. She likes to paint by herself.
19. We went fishing after school.
20. You are very lazy.
21. You don’t teach your cat tricks.
22. I would like to help you.
23. I will get myself a coffee.
24. I will not take it from you.
25. He does not goes to gym every day.
26. He is my best friend.
27. I learnt English by myself.
28. Alex isn’t telling the truth.
29. They killed him.
30. You are not an engineer.
31. My mom likes to paint by herself.
32. You will not come with me.
33. I really need someone.
34. This was a threat to us.
35. I told my father that I wanted to go to London.
36. I can’t come home early today.
37. Brasil is not a country in Europe.
38. She learned to read by herself.
39. These are for you.
40. I want to do something.
41. You should go take it from him.
42. They speak English in USA.
43. I love you.
44. She cook for you.
45. The dogs belong to them.
46. We borrowed her car.
47. I have not failed.
48. She is a mechanical engineer.
49. I will take it from you.
50. My father wouldn’t let us buy a new computer.
51. They are the smartest kids here.
52. We don’t have a house.
53. I have got a sister.
54. I lost my wallet last week.
55. Today we will come.
56. I will help you.
57. No one attended the parent meeting.
58. I dont’t take the trash out.
59. Some people won’t eat spicy foods.
60. I bought a new house.
61. This is mine dog.
62. Mary hasn’t cooked some cookies.
63. I play volleyball.
64. You are lazy students.
65. My father will not come with us today.
66. They live near here.
67. My father didn’t go to work in the morning.
68. It wasn’t me knocking on your door.
69. They sleep in the afternoon.
70. We don’t work very hard.
71. You are an engineer.
72. This was not a threat to us.
73. I came to see you yesterday.
74. You should take care of yourself.
75. It bites everyone.
76. I don’t play tennis every day.
77. I love dogs.
78. She is not my best friend.
79. I bought a new computer.
80. Someone knows where he is.
81. Everybody loves Mary.
82. I don’t have my wallet with me.
83. My son didn’t eat yesterday.
84. No one has ever called us to complain.
85. I hear nothing.
86. She is my best friend.
87. My father will come with us today.
88. I don’t want to play football with you.
89. They killed him.
90. Mary and Alex invited them to the party.
91. We can go on vacation with you.
92. I didn’t see you at school today.
93. He does not catches the bus every morning.
94. It won’t rain tomorrow.
95. You need to go take yours.
96. We go to the gym club together.
97. She wasn’t eating white rice.
98. I don’t learn English with my friends.
99. He hasn’t come home.
100. Madrid is not cold in this season.
101. He would do anything.
102. Someone knows where she is.
103. There was not a single person outside.
104. There are 2 pineapples left on the table.
105. I don’t hear nothing.
106. This is mine.
107. The dog can walk itself.
108. I don’t want too drink too much.
109. They will come after you.
110. You were the boss.
111. There were 3 apples on the table.
112. I don’t love you so much.
113. My brother didn’t come home.
114. He couldn’t get unhealthy food.
115. My father ate yesterday.
116. This old man was not actually right.
117. They are not from Spain.
118. There is no play with fire.
119. We’re not coming to you tomorrow.
120. You will come with me.
121. My brother’s car broke down yesterday.
122. I’ve lost my umbrella.
123. That man does not the same thing every day.
124. No one believes them.
125. She is the best football player in the team.
126. He learned to read by himself.
127. Let’s go to the cinema today.
128. The clouds were not blocking the sun’s rays.
129. My friend does not like to eat dumplings.
130. The soldiers killed him.
131. My mother ate yesterday.
132. I don’t want to hear this.
133. The dog cannot walk itself.
134. He studies every night.
135. The bag on the table is not his.
136. I will not help you.
137. Everything is ready for the birthday party.
138. That isn’t the way to London.
139. Today they will come.
140. I would like to marry you.
141. You should treat her with more respect.
142. I don’t play volleyball.
143. She just got her watch.
144. They’re not fond of rules.
145. She does not loves to play piano.
146. We will go to the party.
147. I take the trash out.
148. I would like to come with you.
149. You can buy everything.
150. He did not water the flowers in the garden.
151. I will not have dinner tonight.
152. The streets were not crowded today.
153. You cannot buy everything.
154. They don’t know my phone number.
155. You don’t speak English very well.
156. I wanna see you.
157. There was no one outside.
158. He will take it himself.
159. I don’t want to work in this business anymore.
160. I don’t want to eat with him.