What is Exclamatory Sentence? Expression and Exclamatory Sentences Examples
Table of Contents
Exclamation sentences are used to express strong emotions. At the end of the sentences, the ‘!’ sign is placed. Sentences using exclamation marks have strong expressions and emotions. They have a stronger structure than declarative sentences. They are used to express people’s excitement, anger, anxiety, happiness. It is frequently featured in daily conversations, informal articles, newspapers, and magazines. It is important to use it in the correct place in sentences formed in English. Therefore, attention should be paid to its use.
Examples of Exclamation Clauses
Exclamations Used to Express Strong Emotions:
- Happy birthday, mommy!
- Thanks, boss!
- I hate you!
- Ice cream waffles are my favorite!
- Wow, I like you!
- Great, let’s go to the movies!
As can be seen in the last examples, exclamations appear strongly on their own. Therefore, these sentences can be supported by the use of commas.
Exclamation Clauses with ”what”:
- What a beautiful daisy!
- What a cute squirrel cub!
- What an ugly duck!
- What a happy ending!
Exclamation Clauses that Start with “How”
- How much my flowers grew in the sunlight!
- What beautiful music he listens to!
- How slow they speak!
- How fast did you speak!
Exclamations with “So:”
- That birthday girl was so beautiful!
- Emily’s car was so amazing!
- Egh, this cake is so ugly!
- I’m so angry right now!
Exclamation Clauses Formed with “Like this:”
- He is such a kind person!
- This is such an amazing meal!
- Your kitten is such a sweetie!
- You are such a liar!
The Importance of Using Exclamation Clauses
Exclamation sentences add a lot of emotion to sentences. Therefore, it is very important to use it correctly. If you add emotion to everything, you can disrupt the order of the sentence. That doesn’t make your statement believable. The exclamation point should be used to emphasize an important part. In this way, emotion is emphasized and the structure of the sentence is not distorted. You can add exclamation points to show the importance of your statements, but unnecessary use of exclamation points will make the layout of the text look bad. You should be careful not to use more than one exclamation point in your texts. You should try to express your feelings and feelings by using exclamation points in the right places. Be careful not to use exclamation marks in business or official writing. Exclamation sentences can be preferred in writings that reflect the daily lifestyle.
50 Exclamatory Sentences
1. High voltage! Do not touch!
2. How beautiful this city is!
3. He is such a kind person!
4. But don’t forget what I said!
5. You are such a liar!
6. What a cute squirrel cub!
7. What an idea!
8. Hurray, we won the match!
9. What a wonderful gift!
10. What a bad man he is!
11. I’m so angry right now!
12. What a rude girl she is!
13. How much my flowers grew in the sunlight!
14. What a colourful bird it is!
15. You did a great job!
16. Emily’s car was so amazing!
17. How fast did you speak!
18. I have a great idea!
19. I love you!
20. I did it!
21. Wait, that bridge is rotten!
22. Stay there, don’t come here!
23. What a cute child!
24. Let the stone fall on me!
25. I’m so mad at her!
26. Please, help me now!
27. Off, what does this kid eat and drink there?
28. Your kitten is such a sweetie!
29. Egh, this cake is so ugly!
30. Wow, he doesn’t know much!
31. I saw my favorite movie!
32. I hate you!
33. We won!
35. This is such an amazing meal!
36. What a good dog!
37. Here he comes!
39. Come here Ella, quick!
40. Caution, the soil may slip!
41. What a shame!
42. Oh, my God, would you stop by here!
43. Ooo, are you here!
44. Oh, I was going to be there now!
45. Wow, I like you!
46. How interesting he is!
47. That birthday girl was so beautiful!
48. Oh No! He is not coming to the party!
49. Sara, wipe the board!
50. There is a snake in the backyard!